Monday, March 5, 2012

Ramires signs new five-year Chelsea deal

The Brazilian midfielder puts pen-to-paper on a new long-term contract following his 50th Premier League appearance against West Brom at the weekend
Ramires has signed a new five-year contract with Chelsea, extending his Stamford Bridge stay until 2017.

The Brazilian midfielder, who was signed from Benfica by Carlo Ancelotti in August 2010, has made 71 appearances for the west London side in all competitions.
The 24-year-old's contract renewal comes after Andre Villas-Boas was sacked as Chelsea boss on Sunday.

"I am very happy with my new contract," Ramires told the club's official website.

"I am very happy with the support I have playing for this club so I want to say thank you to Chelsea."

The midfielder is currently in his second season at the club and signs after making his 50th Premier League appearance against West Brom at the weekend.

No comments: